Sunday, July 10, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
So last weekend something amazing happened from the 13th -15th of May 2016. A weekend filled with young brilliant minds who strive to make a name and impact with the world. This event was catered for entrepreneurs, designers, developers and digital business owners who are keen on finding the right solutions for businesses.
RHB Bank has teamed up with Startupbootcamp FinTech to bring digital innovations in financial services to the Malaysian market.
Startupbootcamp FinTech is Europe’s leading accelerator, and the first of its kind, focused on financial innovation, providing FinTech startups with funding, mentorship and guidance from leading financial services industry partners. Startups will also gain access to a global network of investors and venture capitalists. It's really cool right!
Under this partnership, RHB will be involved in the evaluation process, funding, mentoring for the FinTech Accelerator programme, as well as organising of Fast Track Days and Hackathons that just took place last weekend. How awesome is that right??
You must be wondering, so how does it all work? Well, here's how :-
1) Start-ups from across the region are invited to apply in pitching their ideas to the host team/ partners where 10 will be qualified to move on to the next level. From here, they will go on to the accelerator programme that will go on for 3 months.
2) The 10 teams will then be invited to present their companies/ideas to more than 200 investors, mentors, and partners during Demo Day.
3) Pitch preparation includes hands-on guidance from investors, and leads into 3 months of fundraising support.
4) All start-ups are later offered 3 months of additional co-working space by their host program to consolidate connections and often raise funding. They also join over 200 startups in the world’s leading Alumni Growth Program, which offers monthly masterclasses, frequent gatherings, and access to the most important scaling resources such as later stage investors, PR contacts and recruiting support.
It was pretty much an intense yet productive and awesome experience. So many different ideas were brought to the table and I'm pretty sure it was hard to pick the best out of the best! Thank goodness I wasn't given that role! hahahah.
But at the end of it all, there needed to be winners and here they are!!
- Overall Innovation – won by team AgentHero with members Bobby Ong Chong Eu and Lee Teik Ming. The app is designed to teleport a financial advisor to customer’s doorstep.
- Best Technical Solution – won by team Muin Bot with members Raja Hafify and Jonathan Wong. Muin Bot is an intelligence chat interface that works as another channel for millennials to engage the bank and financial advisors. It is also an avenue for banks to capture or reach millennials
- Best Fit to a Challenge – won by Team A with members Leong Yok Tien, Tan Khai Ping and Chew Chit Siang. The app acts as a goal oriented wealth assistant.
Woohoo!! Congratulations to all winners! Looking forward to your innovations as we progress to a better future!
If you missed the opportunity to participate this year, don't worry because there will be another one happening next year. Just make sure to follow :
1) @RHBGroup on IG
2) Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/RHBGroup/?fref=ts
or you can check out this link too :
Hope to see you at the next Startupbootcamp Fintech with RHB :)
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
where do I begin... This is an adventure game. As you put the CD on, you can choose 1 from 3 adventures. It's not your typical adventure game where you kill and shoot someone, blood spatter, crashing into things and etc...this is more of a relaxing adventure. There is even no intro video, it just starts with a soothing music, the kind that you find in a spa! Just take the controller and go with the flow.
I tried 2 out of 3 adventures. One of it was called FLOWER. The graphics and visual...as always PS has got it down. Just brilliant. It's like you become a petal of a flower, and let the wind takes you on a JOURNEY. It's like giving a look at what life is like as a petal...how soothing and free it can be when you just follow where the wind takes you. Accompanied by a relaxing tune, it somewhat puts you in a very hypnotic state. (actually...i nearly dozed off :p). If you are a philosophical kind of person, you can probably come up with a story from this!
So I think, that's basically it. That's what this game Journey is about....You just go on a Journey....
Alrighty, now this is what I'm all about! I just love speed and this game is what I definitely enjoy. This is a game where you can do time trial, race, and more. You have leaderboards, you can race against other people, you can create/custom your cars, collect rewards, unlock "cars" for your future races and so much more.
But of course the main thing for me is the thrill of racing itself. Since I'm not able to do it on the real tracks, this would suffice. Plus I don't have to worry about crashing my car! LOL! What you're about to watch below, is actually me playing the game and this video was saved as a replay. But please, do not judge, as this is my first time getting the hang and feel of the race.... :)
This game is really awesome for those "closet racers". The graphics and how the controller vibrates really gives you the ultimate feel of a real race! I can play this till the early morning. And to me this is the perfect "switch-off" game. After a long day at work, and you just want to relax and not think too much, pop in the DriveClub Limited Edition into the PS4 console and just lose yourself. Below is the car I used to collect my trophies and rewards. *Mercedes should sponsor me in real life because i am an awesome driver and suit the whole look* hahahaha...
What a gorgeous beast! Wish I had one in real life. So yeah! LOVE THIS GAME!!
Monday, March 28, 2016
I tried this new game I got form PS4. It's called Little Big Planet 3. What is it really about? Well...
This game allow players to create their own levels, characters, objects, such as power ups, tools, decorations, stickers, or vehicles, hub levels, and other things. We may also share our creations. The core gameplay revolves around navigating colourful and vibrant levels with a set character, using power ups, jumping, swimming, swinging, grabbing, interacting with switches and non playable characters, defeating enemies, completing the main objectives, and finding collectibles, stickers, materials, objects, and gadgets. (taken from wikipedia).
To be honest, I actually do not understand this game. Maybe I need to start with Little Big Planet 1? But one thing for sure is that the visual and animation of this game is AMAZING!!!
I couldn't help but to feel amazed at how awesome the visuals are! As you are playing the game, the narrator will guide and tell you how everything is done. But for me, I still did not get the purpose of this game. All I can gather from this is that, its about letting your imagination run wild and be creative!
Here are some of the pictures I took of me playing the game....
They are really pretty...this game is like a thinking game because you actually start on a puzzle. Like how it was explained earlier, you collect stickers and stuff as you go along and start creating your own character, levels and more. I'm not sure how I feel about this game...